Floater Administrative Assistant
Boston, MA | Contract
A top investment management firm in Boston, MA is seeking a Floater Administrative Assistant to join their team. In this contract role, you will provide coverage for colleagues who are out of the office, peak workload periods, open positions, or special projects. The Floater Administrative Assistant may provide coverage in the firm’ s investment departments (Global Equity Portfolio Management, Fixed Income Portfolio Management, Investment Research, or Hedge Funds) as well as the marketing departments. Apply today!
Responsibilities for the Floater Administrative Assistant:
- Diligent telephone coverage with gate-keeping expectations
- Proactive calendar management
- Extensive logistical coordination of meetings with various constituencies
- Coordinate domestic and international travel itineraries and arrangements
- Produce various materials including daily reports, market data information, meeting prep packets, research materials, presentations, etc.
- Handle daily mail, file systems, expense reporting, etc.
- Provide back-up for other department support positions
- Prior office experience, ideally in an administrative support role; investment management or professional services background a plus
- Exposure to international contexts
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, & PowerPoint)
- Experience with MS Outlook for email, calendar management, and meeting coordination
- Experience with creating and editing PowerPoint presentations; familiarity with Adobe Acrobat
- Standard work schedule is 8am – 5pm though flexibility and overtime may be necessitated by business circumstance
- Technology savvy with a strong knowledge working with Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship