Brighton, MA | Contract
A major publishing firm is seeking a Human Resources (HR) Coordinator to join their team on a contract basis. As the HR Coordinator, you will provide a wide variety of functional support related to onboarding and training, performance management, employee events and programs, recruitment, and HR systems updates.
Responsibilities of the Human Resources Coordinator
- Administer employee programs (like T Pass benefits) and assist with employee events
- Distribute, verify, and track new hire paperwork
- Schedule employee onboarding activities and track probationary period for new staff
- Administer and coordinate employee recognition programs.
- Provide recruitment support; schedule travel and lodging for out-of-town job candidates; coordinate job postings
- Post updates to our employee intranet site
- Support HR team in budget related aspects of the department’ s business; create purchase orders, process invoices, and manage unit procurement card
- File employee personnel records and other HR forms; support payroll process as appropriate
Requirements for the Human Resources Coordinator:
- Bachelor’ s Degree
- 2+ years prior Human Resources experience in a team environment
- Broad knowledge of Human Resources functions and principles
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects
- Strong customer service orientation and problem-solving capabilities
- Able to maintain highest standard of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Detail and process oriented
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook Calendaring, HR applications (HRIS, applicant tracking, performance management)
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship