Cambridge, MA 02138
A dynamic research-based organization that brings the best of science to the world of marketing is seeking an Account Manager to work with their extensive network of marketing academics from business schools and top organizations.
The Account Manager will work with over 40 member organizations and is responsible for implementing a strategy to deliver value though program offerings.
As the Account Manager, you will also cultivate relationships with the top marketing practitioners in today’ s leading consumer and B2B companies. The Account Manager also focuses on strengthening existing member relationships within key industry sectors, and will have the full support of the organization’ s product experts and world-renowned academic scholars.
Company benefits include 20 days paid time off and 11 holidays, a very generous match to the 403B, a transportation allowance and a very generous health package.
Responsibilities for the Account Manager:
- Build relationships with members by understanding specific needs/priorities. Help drive awareness of the organization within member companies
- Help drive member retention strategies
- Regularly deliver membership-benefits/value pitch to their members, based on tangible value to member companies, and rooted in decades of successful member engagements with leading companies.
- Coordinate and participate in member calls and summarize discussion notes
- Oversee invoicing and renewal process
- Working with the team, handle day-to-day requests from members, ensuring that all member interests are addressed, captured, and tracked
- Coordinate with Programming team to ensure members are taking advantage of their offerings. Encourage and track participation in the company activities
- Leverage their CRM system to report on membership metrics. Provide reports to executive team regarding member health. Develop new reports and metrics, identifying needs and opportunities
- Manage processes for on-boarding corporate members.
- Stay up-to-date with business press and company knowledge development, in order to better explain, synthesize, convey, and apply what is useful to members
Requirements for the Account Manager:
- Bachelor’ s Degree required, MBA is a plus
- Demonstrated success with related work experience
- Experience managing relationships with corporate clients
- Ability to determine tactical plans and deliver tangible results
- Knowledge of Salesforce is recommended
- Experience with project management tools such as Asana is a plus
- Thrives in a team-oriented environment
- Approximately 25%+ travel is expected (domestic, major cities), and occasional early morning/evening work is required during the events
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation and meeting facilitation skills
- Ability to remain organized and prioritize multiple important tasks
- Skilled at actively listening to clients in order to position the company as a strategic solution to the most complex marketing needs
- Comfortable working with analytics and metrics to track engagement
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship