Our client in Malden, MA is seeking an Accountant to join their team. In this contract role, you will assist in the development and preparation of financial statements and reports as well as aid in the recording of transactions. You will also be working as a team with the Accounting Manager to complete a variety of monthly financial schedules. This position pays up to $30 - $35/hr. Apply today!
Responsibilities for the Accountant:
- Prepare monthly journal entries in a timely and accurate manner according to Monthly Close Calendar
- Prepare schedules and review variances for Accounting Financials Meeting
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts monthly
- Prepare annual audit schedules and ensure timely completion of audit
- Identify, assist with development and implementation of efficiencies in work flow and process
Requirements for the Accountant:
- Bachelor’ s degree in accounting
- Minimum 2 years of experience in general accounting
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in MS Excel and experience with MS Access
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.