Cambridge, MA 02138
A leading university in Boston, MA is seeking an Accounting Assistant to join their team. In this contract role, you will be one of two Accounting Assistants who work as a team with grants managers, financial analysts and lab operations staff to ensure that purchase orders and invoices are processed for payment in a timely manner and that any discrepancies or vendor issues are resolved before payments. Apply today!
Responsibilities for the Accounting Assistant:
- Provide administrative and financial support and process transactions related to accounts payable, travel expense processing and reimbursements, accounts receivable, or payroll
- Manage travel reimbursements and accounts receivables
- Perform reconciliation on purchase cards
- Identify and research or escalate issues
- Interact with other members of financial operations or customer service teams, suppliers, or faculty and staff as appropriate
- Responsible for entering data and processing
- Technology savvy with a strong knowledge working with Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.