Accounting Manager - $35/hr
East Boston, MA 02128
Our client in Boston, MA is seeking an experienced Accounting Manager to join their team. In this contract-to-hire role, you will perform month-end close tasks related to Accounts Payable, draft and maintain standard operating procedures for Account Payable processes and procedures, and more. If you have five-plus years of experience, apply today!
Responsibilities for the Accounting Manager:
- Input invoices into accounting system matching invoices with purchase orders and ensuring appropriate coding for non-PO invoices
- Gather and route invoices to appropriate personnel for approval
- Reconcile AP general ledger account to ensure completeness and accuracy with invoices received and input into invoice approval system
- Draft and maintain standard operating procedures for account payable processes and procedures
- Handle vendor calls and resolve discrepancies in a professional manner
- Prepare AP related journal entries with appropriate supporting documentation
- Review employee expense reports to ensure proper documentation is included and all expenses adhere to company policy
- Process employee expense reports for payment
- Record cash journal entries
- Assist and support special projects and workflow process improvement initiatives
- Assist in the preparation and reconciliation of year end 1099 forms to required vendors
- Perform month-end close tasks related to Accounts Payable, such as AP accruals, reclasses and other journal entries
- Responsible for Fixed Asset depreciation entries and monthly fixed asset reconciliation
- Manage Prepaid expense and amortization
Requirements for the Accounting Manager:
- Bachelor’ s degree in Finance or Accounting
- 5+ year relevant experience in Accounting/Finance department
- Prior experience with software conversions
- Highly proficient in Excel (vlookups, pivot tables, complex formulas etc.) and MS Office
- Ensures the confidentiality and security of all financial files
- Detail oriented with efficient and highly accurate data entry skills
- Strong organizational, time management and interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.