Accounting Manager - Up to $30/hr
Waltham, MA 02451
Our client in Waltham, MA is seeking an Accounting Manager with 5+ years of relevant experience in Accounting/Finance and experience with SOX compliance. This contract role is a 6 month contract position with the potential to be permanent. The ideal candidate will be detail oriented and have prior experience in the Bio-tech industry. Apply today!
Compensation: Up to $30/hr
Responsibilities for the Accounting Manager:
- Input invoices into accounting system matching invoices with purchase orders and ensuring appropriate coding for non-PO invoices; reconcile AP general ledger account to ensure completeness and accuracy with invoices received
- Prepare and process of AP payments ensuring that payments are made timely and accurately; draft standard operating procedures for account payable processes and procedures
- Handle vendor calls and resolve discrepancies in a professional manner
- Prepare AP related journal entries, as needed, with appropriate supporting documentation
- Review employee expense reports to ensure proper documentation is included and all expenses adhere to company policy; process employee expense reports for payment
- Record cash journal entries as needed ensuring appropriate account codes, departments and projects
- Assist and support special projects and workflow process improvement initiatives
- Assist in the preparation and reconciliation of year end 1099 forms to required vendors
- Perform month-end close tasks related to Accounts Payable, such as AP accruals, reclasses and other journal entries
- Responsible for Fixed Asset depreciation entries and monthly fixed asset reconciliation; manage prepaid expense and amortization
Requirements for the Accounting Manager:
- Highly proficient in Excel (vlookups, pivot tables, complex formulas etc.) and Microsoft Office
- Ensures the confidentiality and security of all financial files.
- Detail oriented with efficient and highly accurate data entry skills
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.