Accounts Billing Analyst- Medical
Boston, MA 02115
A leading medical center in Boston, MA is seeking an experienced Accounts Billing Analyst. In this contract-to-hire role, you will monitor work queues and reports to ensure timely billing and collection activity. You will also run reports and review reimbursement payment and denial data. The ideal candidate will have excellent medical billing experience and strong analytical skills. This position pays $22-26/hr. Apply today!
Responsibilities for the Accounts Billing Analyst:
- Identify reimbursement issues requiring research and analysis
- Monitor and identify trends, denials/claim errors by payer and refer as appropriate
- Work accounts, provide tracking reports and coordinate efforts with staff assigned to payer
- Identify high-value products and services being denied reimbursement
- Review third party payer contracts including updates to include payer rules, regulations, policies, and procedures that impact the billing and collection process
- Research, analyze and interpret information from technical software such as Revenue Cycle Pro, industry publications, and/or governmental regulations to determine reimbursement requirements for high-profile receivables including specialty drugs
- Identify reimbursement criteria and make recommendations to improve payment of accounts receivables
- Coordinate the payment of high-profile, high dollar, high volume, complex reimbursements including specialty drugs and report status outcomes of receivables to management
- Coordinate audits including major audits such as bi-annual Mass Health audit and report ongoing status and outcomes of audits to management
- Communicate and/or present information to management, various hospital departments and payers as it relates to revenue cycle issues
- Act as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Patient Financial Services on the assigned projects and provide training to staff as needed for process improvement
Requirements for the Accounts Billing Analyst:
- Associate degree or equivalent combination of education and experience plus 2 years of experience in medical billing, preferably in a hospital setting
- Knowledge of all aspects of the revenue cycle is required
- Analytical skills to gather and interpret complex data
- Proficiency with revenue cycle technical software such as RW Cycle Pro is preferred
- Strong organizational and documentation skills and the ability to meet priorities within set time frames
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to communicate with courtesy and tact when dealing with patients, hospital employees and third parties
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- The ability to work with diverse internal and external constituencies
- Technology savvy with a strong knowledge working with Microsoft Office (Excel
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.