Accounts Payable Specialist - $20/hr
A top healthcare organization in Somerville, MA is seeking an Accounts Payable specialist. In this contract role, you will be preforming duties such as fielding end user requests, securing and verifying payee routing and bank account information, resolving vendor statement enquiries, and more. The ideal candidate will have an expert grasp of Accounts Payable (AP) policy & procedure, well developed conflict resolution skills, the ability to interact with all levels of the organization, and poise to make tough calls under stress. Apply today!
Responsibilities for the Accounts Payable Specialist:
- Teach colleagues to sustain productivity metrics in a department that processes in a high volume excess of 2 million payment requests annually
- Teach colleagues the judgment necessary to maintain an appropriate balance between prompt and accurate payment performance, policy compliance, and unimpeachable customer service
- Initiate constructive dialogues with end users and payees when improper and/or insufficient payment requests prevent AP from auditing and processing payments on time and completely
- Monitor and report to management variances in input quality that hinder AP’ s ability to make timely and accurate payments
- Comply with all payment and fraud prevention protocols dictated by the Materials Management Transaction Departments and Partners Finance
- Demonstrate Service Excellence in all interactions with internal and external customers
- Associate degree or 5-7 years Accounts Payable experience (bachelors degree strongly preferred)
- High School diploma or the equivalent
- 10 years work experience including 3 years Accounts Payable experience (or bachelors degree plus 2 years work experience)
- Fluency with PeopleSoft Financials
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills a must
- High degree of comfort with standard PC software programs: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access
- Ability to grasp new concepts and the confidence to suggest areas for process improvement
- Analytical skills required
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.