Administrative Assistant II
Boston, MA 02215
A leading medical center in Boston, MA is seeking an Administrative Assistant II to join their team. In this contract role, you will be responsible for answering patient phone calls, scheduling patient appointments, potentially booking patient surgery and coordinating multiple visits. The ideal candidate must be comfortable working in a busy office setting and have excellent interpersonal skills. Apply today!
Responsibilities for the Administrative Assistant II:
- Answer and screen telephone calls
- Take accurate messages or direct calls to appropriate person
- Schedule appointments utilizing scheduling tools/resources and maintain calendars
- Organize and communicate with ancillary appointments and procedures working with other hospital staff as needed
- Perform other related duties as assigned referrals, scanning etc.
- Obtain patient information and materials as needed from referral sources
- Prepare patient records for clinical activities and maintain patient records for physicians
- Handle confidential information appropriately and explain policies and procedures when necessary
- Maintain physician's administrative and clinical calendars
- Facilitate notes and letters in CCC and OMR
Requirements for the Administrative Assistant II:
- Comfortable working in a busy environment
- Technology savvy with a strong knowledge working with Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.