Administrative Assistant II
Boston, MA 02115
A leading university in Boston, MA is seeking an Administrative Assistant II to join their team. In this contract role, you will act as the point of contact for a professor. This contract role is an excellent opportunity for anyone with prior office experience and strong organizational and time management skills. Apply today!
Responsibilities for the Administrative Assistant II:
- Handle professional and editorial correspondence, manages schedules, arranges travel and reimbursements
- Coordinate between departments events coordinator and professor to put on a seminar series that runs throughout the school year
- Assist with grant proposals and scientific manuscript preparation, writing and submission
- Handle billing for the lab’ s office, equipment, and supplies purchases
- Maintains lab webpage, prepares and sends emails and letters as needed
- Serve as principal contact and source of information for the lab
- Review complex documents, reports, etc., to assure compliance with University requirements and/or government regulations
- Establish and implement office procedures and creates and maintains filing systems and associated databases
- Track personnel-related information and assists with interviewing research assistants, students and postdoctoral fellows
- Oversee the activities and administrative needs of predoctoral and postdoctoral (e.g. fellowship applications, travel documentation)
- High school diploma
- Technology savvy with a strong knowledge working with Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.