Boston, MA 02205
A leading university in Boston, MA is seeking an Administrative Assistant to join their team on a contract-to-hire basis. In this role, you will directly support the Student Clerkship Director, Associate Clerkship Director, Administrative Director and multiple full-time administrators in medical education. This position offers the opportunity to learn and train with software used in Medical Education (EValue). Apply today!
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Responsibilities for the Administrative Assistant:
- Perform routine administrative duties such as placing, receiving and routing telephone calls
- Direct visitors; email, file, and fax; handle incoming and outgoing mail; and order and maintain supplies
- Provide backup coverage to other administrative desks
- Preform medical student scheduling on both inpatient and outpatient hospital teams after proper training
Requirements for the Administrative Assistant:
- Intermediate computer skills including: word processing and spreadsheet software
- Must be able to work independently and multi-task
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills and exceptional customer service skills
- Must be highly efficient, organized and thrive in a busy team-based environment
- Ability to take on higher level tasks as position mastery is demonstrated
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship