Boston, MA 02114
A top healthcare organization in Boston, MA is seeking an Administrative Assistant to join their team. This is a contract role with a reputable company that has a focus on solving medical problems and producing deliverables for patients. Apply today!
Responsibilities for the Administrative Assistant:
- Manage a broad scope of duties including frequent interactions with high level government officials, program managers, industry, national and international investors, scientists and faculty
- Prepare briefing documents and budgets
- Perform organizational and project management duties
- Evaluate and prepare reports, track time lines and milestones for grants and sponsored research
- Prepare briefing packages and presentations
- Interface with other departments including Innovations, Research, and Clinical
- Arrange governmental/ investor/industrial sponsor group events
- Prepare and maintain accurate records including grants; gifts; research agreements; intellectual property; etc.
- Respond and follow-up on correspondence/communications
- Edit grant applications and other related materials
- Update company’ s website and make adequate changes
- Manage complex calendars, travel arrangements, and expense submittals
- Order and maintain inventory of office supplies and equipment
- High School Diploma required, Bachelor’ s Degree or advanced degree (MBA, MS) strongly preferred
- 3-5 years of directly related experience supporting an organization’ s leader, in a position including and demanding substantially more than secretarial duties
- Preference in healthcare administration, business administration, and research management experience
- Prior experience with website design and/or database design highly desirable
- Strong organizational, communication and problem-solving skills are required for interacting with a diverse group of researchers, administrators and outside groups
- Strong analytical, financial, and computer skills
- Maintain confidential matters with the utmost discretion
- Ability to work well under pressure and respond to deadlines
- Avid reader with interest in science and technology
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), AV and technical support, PeopleSoft
- May occasionally work outside normal business hours
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.