Boston, MA 02115
A leading medical facility in Boston, MA is seeking an Administrative Assistant to join their team. In this contract role, you will provide secretarial support which includes composing and typing correspondence, maintaining departmental records, preparing weekly payroll data, scheduling appointments, and more. Apply today!
Responsibilities for the Administrative Assistant:
- Accept telephone calls during normal business hours and telephone work requests
- Determine the nature of the call and dispatch the appropriate mechanic/trade using various communication methods
- Perform a full range of radio and telephone operations
- Ensure that all calls are transferred to the next shift or to the appropriate supervisor if the situation warrants it
- Type memos, reports, check requests, and correspondence for the Director of Engineering, Assistant Directors and all Supervisory Staff
- Operate a variety of communication equipment including radio consoles, telephones and computer system with the ability to prioritize incoming calls
- Perform necessary office functions including reception, Work Control Dispatch, filing, photocopying, scheduling, ect.
- Enter all data for work orders
- Provide feedback PM’ s, Facility shutdown requests, work order requests and daily requests that are received through Dispatch line
- Track work order requests for clients and supervisors
- Input data for Engineering Department recovery work and budget monitoring
- Convey concise information in an effective manner
- Train and supervise temporary office help
Requirements for the Administrative Assistant:
- High School education with additional training in secretarial or business skills or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of standard office equipment and basic computer skills including knowledge of MS Office, Power Point, Access and Excel spreadsheets
- Must have interpersonal skills sufficient to interact with all levels of hospital staff and to diplomatically and efficiently gather and relay information
- Must have knowledge of the technical areas within the department in order to accurately assess and relay routine emergency service information
- Failure to perform could significantly disrupt the operation of the hospital and/or result in unnecessary costs
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.