Boston, MA 02215
A reputable medical facility in Boston, MA is seeking an Administrative Assistant to join their team. In this contract role, you will provide administrative support to physicians in their clinical practice. Apply today!
Responsibilities for the Administrative Assistant:
- Answer and screen telephone calls
- Take messages or directs call to appropriate person
- Greet and direct patients, families, visitors and staff
- Respond to requests in a timely manner and provides clear, accurate information within scope of knowledge and authority
- Update patient demographic and insurance information and obtain specialist referrals for all patient appointments
- Schedule patient appointments utilizing scheduling tools and resources
- Coordinate and communicate ancillary appointments and procedures working with other hospital staff
- Obtain patient information and materials from referral sources
- Prepare patient records for clinical activities and maintains patient records for physicians
- Act as liaison with other departments and external customers in a calm and supportive manner
- Handle confidential information appropriately and explain policies and procedures
- Maintain physicians' clinical and administrative schedules and calendars
- Type correspondence, manuscripts and/or others documents
- Transcribe letters and patient notes for physicians and facilitates in clinical computer systems
- Prepare and distribute routine reports
Requirements for the Administrative Assistant:
- Associate degree; High School diploma or GED required
- 1-3 years related work experience
- Experience with computer systems required, including web-based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access
- Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.