Boston, MA 02111
Our client in Boston, MA is seeking an Administrative Assistant to join their team. In this contract role, you will be providing direct administrative support to the Chair of the Neuroscience Department. This is a great opportunity to make lasting connections, apply today!
Responsibilities for the Administrative Assistant:
- Schedule meetings and appointments, maintain a calendar and arrange all travel
- Coordinate and schedule activities to support office operations
- Prioritize calls and correspondence and brief the Chair on items needing his immediate and/or personal attention
- Compose and word processes correspondence and report materials relating to the Chair of Neuroscience and the Department
- Provide oversight of day-to-day office operation
- Organize, plan, and execute Neuroscience Seminar Speaker Series
- Coordinate dates, invitations, and logistical support
- Order food, supplies, and materials
- Serve as contact person for attendees
- Keep appointment books and calendars for department
- Make travel arrangements
- Locating and reserving space for meetings, etc.
- Act as a contact person by responding to questions or requests for information and communicating on behalf of the Department Chair
- Apply policies and procedures that require knowledge of office, department, and university practices
- Perform data entry, use spreadsheets to produce or reconcile budget reports
- Coordinate visa applications and renewals
- Work with school/division budget officer and/or finance division on budget issues, collecting receipts and signatures, and assure compliance with finance regulations
- Assist department Manager and other office staff
Requirements for the Administrative Assistant:
- one to three years of office experience
- Associate degree, Bachelor’ s degree preferred
- Ability to work occasional nights and weekends.
- Technology savvy with a strong knowledge working with Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.