Cambridge, MA 02138
Looking to work in higher education? Our client in Cambridge MA is seeking an Administrative Assistant to perform day to day clerical work, record-keeping, and processing duties. In this contract role, you will help gather data while informing faculty, staff, students, and the public about the University. Apply today!
Responsibilities for the Administrative Assistant:
- Gather data and assist in preparing reports
- Provide information to faculty, staff members, students and the public
- Answer general correspondence
- Make appointments and maintain calendars
- Schedule rooms and equipment
- Maintain inventory and or order office supplies
- Make copies
- Contribute to overall unit goals by accomplishing clerical or administrative duties as required
Requirements for the Administrative Assistant:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Some business training beyond high school desired
- Technology savvy with a strong knowledge working with Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short-term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state-of-the-art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.