Needham, MA 02492
A highly reputable hospital in Needham, MA is seeking an Administrative Assistant to join their team in this contract role, you will provide administrative support to the outpatient specialty clinics. This position is under the direction of the Director of Outpatient Clinics. Apply today!
Compensation: $15-22/hr based on experience
Responsibilities for the Administrative Assistant:
- Verify insurance eligibility, benefits, referral and authorization requirements for the Clinics
- Ensure all exams requiring a Prior Authorization and/or Referral are coordinated through the appropriate insurance provider or intermediary, and documents in electronic medical record
- Provide administrative support for physicians by answering and screening telephone calls, and taking accurate messages
- Schedule patient surgeries, coordinating and communicating with other hospital staff as needed
- Type correspondence, manuscripts and documents that may require complex formatting
- Check in patients in CCC
- Schedule office appointments and imaging exams as necessary
- Manage physician billing
- 3-5 years in a hospital financial setting, or clinical setting preferred
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English
- Exhibit excellent customer service and computer skills, using Word and Excel
- Understanding of hospital collections a plus
- Knowledge of CPT codes and ICD-10 codes
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.