Boston, MA 02215
A leading medical center in Boston, MA is seeking an Animal Technician to join their team. In this contract role, you will provide daily husbandry care to research animals. These duties include but not limited to; providing clean sanitized caging material, fresh food and water and environmental enrichment on a scheduled and as needed basis. Apply today!
Responsibilities for the Animal Technician:
- Monitor animal health and well-being in assigned areas
- Operate bio-safety cabinets, Animal Transfer Stations, chemical foamers, hydraulic lifts and specialized ventilated racks
- House newly arriving animal colonies
- Monitor environmental parameters of assigned holding rooms for temperature and humidity
- Clean and sanitize all horizontal surfaces, floors and walls of assigned holding rooms and designated procedure or storage spaces
- Monitor cages for proper cage identification and animal occupancy to ensure adherence to department policies and procedures
- Assist with preparing autoclaved caging material for immune compromised animal colonies according to department standard operating procedures
- Assist in cage wash facilities as needed
- Clean and sanitize large animal pens for pigs, dogs, sheep as well as rabbit housing units
- High School degree or equivalent
- Must be able to read, write, add, subtract, and understand verbal, as well as written instructions
- 1-3 years’ experience with animal husbandry preferred
- Must be able to work well as part of a team
- Must be able to follow detailed instruction and carry through with minimal supervision
- Must not be overly allergic to animals as to affect ability to work with the numerous species housed in the facility
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.