Benefits Customer Service Representative
Cambridge, MA 02138
Our prominent higher education client in Cambridge, MA is looking for a Benefits Customer Service Representative to join their team. In this contract role, you will provide customer support to faculty, staff, students, and visitors who are seeking services, assistance, or problem resolution. If you have a high school diploma and experience in an employee benefits office, apply today!
Responsibilities for the Benefits Customer Service Representative:
- Answer employee benefits questions and resolve individual benefits issues in a timely and professional manner
- Ensure individual service levels for availability are met
- Document all issues and questions using the case management tool and following office procedures
- Reply to written inquires to Benefits office email box following department guidelines
- Escalate questions for resolution using pre-defined processes
- Staff the front desk walk-in service center during scheduled hours in a professional manner
- Ensure the front area is organized, secured and visually appealing to visitors
Requirements for the Benefits Customer Service Representative:
- High school diploma, some college preferred
- Experience in employee benefits office- preferably a customer service role
- Technology savvy with a strong knowledge working with Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.