Woburn, MA 01801
A top medical center in Woburn, MA is seeking a Benefits Specialist to join their team. In this contract role, you will support the facility with open enrollment. Apply today!
Responsibilities for the Benefits Specialist:
- Track benefits eligibility and provide enrollment information
- Ensure that all enrollment and/or waiver forms are complete and accurate
- Send emails to newly covered employees to verify their elections and inform them of the cost of each benefit election
- Verify accuracy of benefit information in payroll system and on carrier sites and manage all changes on a timely basis
- Track and manage employee status changes to ensure benefit eligibility is managed
- Audit benefit carrier reports on a monthly basis for accuracy
- Work closely with payroll on projects and day-to-day activities that coordinate between benefits and payroll
- Lead any system improvements to the benefits portal that includes employee self-service and open enrollment
- Lead the development of communication plans to inform prospective and current employees about benefits
- Manage key relationships with brokers, providers and other representatives to ensure high service levels with effective program design
- Implement new and approved benefit plans and changes by preparing announcement material, booklets and other employee communications related to new plans
- Manage annual renewal/open enrollment process and associated staff education events
- Maintain regulatory compliance with ACA (1095 filings, benefit eligibility, etc.) and ERISA
- Track FMLA, ADAAA and Disability requests coordinating necessary paperwork
- Establish, implement, and monitor policies and procedures that improve practice financial performance
- WorkDay experience highly desirable
- Technology savvy with a strong knowledge working with Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.