A top healthcare organization in Malden, MA is seeking a Billing Manager to join their team. This contract-to-hire role is an excellent opportunity for anyone with 7-10 years of experience in a healthcare or related setting managing staff, operations and the ability to lead diverse staff. Apply today!
Responsibilities for the Billing Manager:
- Manage the submission of health insurance claims, following up on denied and no response claims
- Manage the production and use of Accounts Receivable trend and aging reports and dashboards to help staff identify and detect problems with billing processes
- Manage the oversight of Billing, Insurance Follow-up and Denial work queues
- Actively participate in claim denial workgroups to identify denial trends and work with multiple departments to identify root causes
- Monitor cash collection results and responsible for collections and posting of adjustments and refunds and ensure all postings are accurate and account are properly reflected in Accounts Receivables
- Oversee the process of refund request from insurance companies or third-party payers
- Keep all staff informed and updated on department activities via staff meetings, email and all other forms of communication
- Train and educate existing and new staff members on applicable regulatory changes, operating policies, procedures, systems, standards and best practices
- Generate, prepare and analyze monthly statistical and financial reports and key performance indicators that are consistent with the unit’ s area of responsibility
- Implement HR departmental policies, interview and hire qualified applicants
- Perform timely completion of staff performance reviews
- Perform payroll related functions including timely completion of timesheet submission
- Demonstrated goal-oriented thinking, leadership ability, and strong interpersonal, operational and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to establish a professional code and work environment with the ability to remain professional, even when working through difficult situations
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, effectively assess, research issues through strong problem-solving skills as well as collaborating with other departments to solve problems
- Ability to support and promote the understanding of organization mission and goals
- Ability to communicate with clients including patients, providers, and other office managers effectively
- Experience and solid understanding of hospital information systems such as Epic
- Strong software skills utilizing Google and Microsoft office products such as spreadsheets, word processing, presentation software, email and conference calls
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.