Somerville, MA 02143
A top healthcare organization in Malden, MA is seeking a Billing Supervisor to join their team. This contract-to-hire role is an excellent opportunity for anyone with 5 years of experience in a healthcare or related setting supervising staff, operations and the ability to lead diverse staff. Apply today!
Responsibilities for the Billing Supervisor:
- Supervise billing and collection activities as well as the production of workqueues, bills, and follow up of remittances of staff members
- Work with staff on assigned A/R accounts, from initial billing to follow up, including the resolution of credit balances
- Oversee staff workqueues (including account, billing, claim edit, follow up, denial and credit balance workqueues)
- Analyze A/R with focus on identifying trends and researching root causes to be reported to Manager
- Approve requests for time off
- Keep all staff informed and updated on department activities via staff meetings, email and all other forms of communication
- Work with Information Technology to implement system changes in compliance with changing rules and requirements
- Report to Manager on performance, progress and training needs of employees, and on behavior problems
- Support departmental team approach to provide exceptional service to patients and co-workers
- Perform timely completion of staff performance reviews
- Perform payroll related functions including timely completion of timesheet submission
- Demonstrated goal-oriented thinking, good interpersonal, operational and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to establish a professional code and work environment with the ability to remain professional, even when working through difficult situations
- Demonstrated ability to work with management to research issues through problem-solving skills as well as collaborating with others within the department to solve problems
- Ability to communicate with clients including patients, providers, and other office managers effectively
- Experience and understanding of hospital information systems such as Epic
- Good software skills utilizing Google and Microsoft office products such as spreadsheets, word processing, email and conference calls
- Demonstrated knowledge of hospital inpatient and outpatient billing and payment requirements, medical terminology, ICD10 and CPT coding
- Technology savvy with a strong knowledge working with Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.