Billing and Accounts Receivable Specialist
Needham, MA 02494
Our client in Needham, MA is seeking an Billing and Accounts Receivable Specialist to join their team. In this contract role, you will process requests for information from insurance companies regarding anesthesia services rendered and resolve patient inquiries concerning anesthesia billing. Apply today!
Responsibilities for the Billing and Accounts Receivable Specialist:
- Establish and maintain communication, correspondence and follow up with assigned insurance companies from internal insurance grid to determine status of claims or to resolve unpaid claims
- Resolve any discrepancies with patient information by utilizing internal/external resource systems
- Pull explanation of benefits statements for refunds to insurance companies and patients
- Post denials to patient accounts and put in for proper write-offs for management to adjust
- Maintain patient accounts for updates in patient information and billing inquiries
- Answer incoming phone calls; daily filing of paper correspondence
- Communicate to manager or supervisor any problems, any updates, any trends for review/ resolution, any new information that may be helpful
- Minimum of a high school diploma or general educational development credential
- Willingness to acquire the communication skills necessary for good customer service
- Willingness to be flexible and learn additional functions
- Basic literacy of computer operations
- Technology savvy with a strong knowledge working with Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.