Providence, RI 02909
A top manufacturing company in Providence, RI is seeking a Bookkeeper to join their team accounting team on a contract basis. This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone who excels in multi-tasking, being detail oriented and accurate, and working independently. Apply today!
Responsibilities for the Bookkeeper:
- Handle customer billing and cash receipts
- Process credit card payments
- Work with customers to resolve any billing issues
- Maintain purchase orders
- Post goods receipts
- Process vendor bills
- Remit payments
- Work with vendors to resolve billing issues
- Monthly credit card statement reconciliation
- Maintain W-9’ s
- Issue 1099’ s to vendors
- Provide additional accounting and clerical support when needed
- File and scan documents
- 5 year minimum bookkeeping experience
- Experience with QuickBooks Desktop and Online
- Ability to manage sales tax filings
- Proficient in Excel
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.