Boston, MA 02109
A leading financial services company in Boston, MA is seeking a Business Analyst to join their team. In this contract role, you will perform business analysis, research, and testing to support key business initiatives and maintain and implement products and solutions. The individual operates as a key spokesperson for clients to ensure appropriate communication and follow through of activities. You will make decisions on client-related technology development and management activities and ensure the correct business functionality, requirements, and industry standards are addressed with proposed solutions. This position pays up to $50+/hr -apply today!
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Responsibilities for the Business Analyst:
- Conduct business analysis efforts for projects and initiatives
- Describe the business need and potential solution in terms that both business and technical teams can understand
- Ensure current and accurate documentation of the solution, including business requirements documents, use cases, and wire frames
- Understand the system architecture and functionality, and assess the feasibility of client requests and applies the features of the various products as applicable
- Compose business requirement documents, use cases, issue logs, project status documents, scope change documents, mapping specifications, test plans, test cases, scope statements, and business cases
- Participate in industry and professional networks to ensure awareness of industry standards, trends, and best practices
- Apply industry knowledge and standards to company’ s products and client workflows
- Solve difficult problems as needed through proposing insightful, knowledgeable, effective solutions
- Assist in the development of case studies to communicate to division, sales representatives, and other clients how company’ s products solve client workflow issues
- Contribute to client and marketing presentations to demonstrate company’ s technological capabilities and technology strategy
- Participate in project management activities on assigned tasks to ensure projects stay on budget and are completed within agreed upon timeframes
- Escalate budget and/or change of scope variances as appropriate
- Provide cost estimates, based on input from the technology team, to the business sponsors for the proposed solution
- Participate in client and marketing presentations to demonstrate company’ s technological capabilities and technology strategy
- Bachelor’ s Degree, and/or equivalent work experience
- 5-7+ years related work experience
- Financial services industry knowledge and experience preferred
- Solid understanding of custody operations and fund accounting workflows, as well as an understanding of the key roles assumed by Custodians, Fund Accountants, Fund Administrators, and Transfer Agents preferred
- Experience applying project management principles, practices, tools and techniques, including business case development, ROI analysis, planning, scope and issues management, budgeting, and facilitation
- Proficiency using windows-based applications, including MS Office applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access. Working knowledge of MS Project
- Demonstrated knowledge of SWIFT messaging, communication methods such as FTP and MQ, and other systems and Internet technologies
- Creative and effective problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to recognize one's own strengths and limitations, taking appropriate initiative to pursue development activities and seek assistance as needed
- Ability to communicate effectively and with clarity, with ability to negotiate
- Consultative and advisory skills with ability to work and communicate professionally with internal and external clients
- Organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Experience developing and delivering presentations
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship