Cambridge, MA 02138
A prestigious institution in Cambridge, MA is seeking a Business Analyst to join their team. The successful candidate for this position will have advanced business and technical writing skills, process modelling, cost benefit analysis, understanding of systems engineering and change management concepts. This contract role pays up to $55/hr-$60/hr – apply today!
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Responsibilities for the Business Analyst:
- Analyze, define and document requirements
- Assist with the business case development analyze current state in terms of people, process and product
- Elicit requirements and critical success factors for improved future state
- Analyze, translate and simplify requirements
- Develop conceptual or graphic prototypes and mockups
- Design or review of test cases, process change requests, and manage project scope, acceptance, installation and deployment
- Serve as subject matter expert supporting the development or training and communications
- Conduct interviews and facilitate workshops and focus groups to gather and analyze the need for new or enhanced functionality
- Work with user departments, understand and diagram work flow
- Create user stories, use cases and business requirements documents to support application development, revisiting and refining previously gathered requirements as needed
- Capture and document change requests, out-of-scope requests, and bugs
- Develop plans and scenarios to test functionality, accessibility, and usability
- Analyze and research data requests
- Assist the service desk in the documentation of user procedures and knowledge articles
- Advanced business and technical writing skills, process modelling, cost benefit analysis, understanding of systems engineering and change management concepts
- Bachelor’ s degree or equivalent work experience required
- MBA and CBAP a plus
- Strong proficiency in MS Office, including process flow diagramming
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship