Cambridge, MA 02138
A top university in Cambridge, MA is seeking a Business Analyst to join their team. In this contract role, you will research, curate, and synthesize content for business topics, industries or companies. You will also leverage the holdings of the Library’ s digital collections and third-party databases/information sources in the creation of information products. The successful candidate has excellent business writing skills and thrives in a collaborative environment. This position pays $45/hr. Apply today!
Responsibilities for the Business Analyst:
- Analyze, define and document requirements
- Assist with the business case development analyze current state in terms of people, process and product
- Elicit requirements and critical success factors for improved future state
- Analyze, translate and simplify requirements
- Develop conceptual or graphic prototypes and mockups
- Design or review test cases, process change requests, and manage project scope, acceptance, installation and deployment
- Design scenario-based test plan to validate the solution to determine if it has fulfilled the requirements and is usable.
- Serve as subject matter expert supporting the development or training and communications
- Develop research findings into new information resources, including bibliographic essays, company overviews and other products
Requirements for the Business Analyst:
- Master’ s degree or equivalent graduate education in Library/Information Science, Business Administration, or other relevant discipline (we will consider pre-matriculated students in the above graduate programs)
- Minimum 5 years of professional-level information research work experience.
- Advanced business and technical writing skills, process modelling, cost benefit analysis, understanding of systems engineering and change management concepts
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience required. MBA and CBAP a plus.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office, including process flow diagramming
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.