Business Services Administrator
Boston, MA 02111
A leading university in Boston, MA is seeking a Business Services Administrator to join their team. In this contract-to-hire role, you will support 50 – 100+ staff in designated locations on the university’ s three campuses. This position independently manages building facilities activities, coordinates administrative operations including general business issues, and manages front desk and calendars for multiple executives. Additionally, the Business Services Administrator performs administrative duties, such as maintaining organizational charts, providing security access documentation to Public Safety, supervising student and temporary workers, managing performance of assigned staff, and more. Apply today!
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Responsibilities for the Business Services Administrator:
- Manage calendar and meeting coordination including complex planning, prioritization, negotiation, coordination, timing and sequencing
- Plan, coordinate, and execute large vendor demos and meetings
- Provide support for front desk including but not limited to answering questions and providing direction as it relates to managing the office, ordering supplies, etc.
- Liaise with Facilities Management to coordinate and/or arrange for the resolution of all building facilities issues or needs
- Prepare materials in support of day-to-day administrative functions
- Supervise front desk and related services, including the management of temporary and student workers who staff those areas
- Coordinate and authorize staff building access and manage building security needs following guidelines provided by and with the support of campus public safety department
- Technology savvy with a strong knowledge working with Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship