Somerville, MA 02145
A leading healthcare organization in Somerville, MA is seeking a Compensation Consultant to join their team. In this contract role, you will support the analysis, design, interpretation, and administration of competitive compensation programs that support each organization’ s philosophy and business needs. You may also have system-wide responsibility for one or more service-lines including, in part: nursing, finance, IT, executive compensation analysis, research, non-acute and system-wide project management. Apply today!
Responsibilities for the Compensation Consultant:
- Deliver comprehensive compensation consulting to a wide range of business units across the system
- Design administrative, technical, statistical reports and proposals
- Communicate with team members and local HR partners throughout to ensure that best practices and experiences are shared and considered
- Conduct on-going research to understand the industry and organization-specific issues
- Conduct market pricing, survey analysis and interpreting salary data
- Analyze data to determine the appropriate salary level, title, and rate
- Lead and/or provide high-level support to affiliate and/or system-wide projects
- Develop complex re-structuring plans, costing models, market analyses, and other forecasting models, etc.
- Work with local HR staff; trains present results and positively negotiates outcomes
- Use Microsoft Office Suite, Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint to design data collection or market analysis tools/models
- Bachelor’ s degree ideally with an emphasis in HR, mathematics, business administration, or health care
- Five to eight years of direct and progressively more responsible compensation experience preferably in a health care environment
- Ability to provide “ real time” problem solving using advanced technical and systems proficiency in PeopleSoft, Access, Query, Excel, and Power Point
- Ability to provide internal consulting, preferably in a complex healthcare environment
- Knowledge of HR, legal and regulatory agencies’ theories, principles, and concepts, as well as a working knowledge of each organizations policies and practices through the network
- Ability to interact with, persuade and negotiate with peers, management, and others on all types of compensation issues to reach consensus on difficult or sensitive issues
- Ability to research, analyze, interpret and model data
- Highly flexible and able to adapt to changing priorities quickly
- Strong project management, internal consulting, negotiation, and communication (both written and oral) skills
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.