Construction Accountant - Up to $33/hr
Weymouth, MA 02189
Our client in Weymouth, MA is seeking a Construction Accountant to join their team. In this contract-to-hire role, you will be responsible for fulfilling the project accounting requirements for projects, including day to day interface with project teams, subcontractors and other personnel. You will also be responsible for maintaining all accounting records and collecting all financial paperwork associated with the project. Apply today!
Compensation: Up to $33/hr
Responsibilities for the Construction Accountant:
- Review and enter all incoming subcontractor invoicing
- Escalate discrepancies to Project Team and ensure follow through
- Ensure all subcontractors are compliant with company standards
- Review and enter all approved Project Overhead invoices
- Review subcontractor/vendor statements and reconcile as required
- Support project team in collecting all financial documentation required for timely client billings
- Participate in weekly billings meetings to provide updates on paperwork collection
- Assist team with any financial information needed for closeout
- Assist in client and mall deposit collections
- Update subcontractors on payment status
- Verify subcontractor compliance prior to authorizing release of payment
- Make weekly suggestions to controller for selected subcontractor payments
- Process vendor/subcontractor credit card payments
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or equivalent in work experience
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and interact effectively at all levels within the organization
- 2 years of project accounting experience required
- Strong Analytical Skills are required
- Construction industry experience required
- Sage experience preferred
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Program desired (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Event 1 / Office Connector experience a plus
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.