Construction Cost Manager
Waltham, MA 02451
A top utilities company in Waltham, MA is seeking a talented Construction Cost Manager to join their team. This contract role will be a member of the growing Complex Contract Management team which is within the Capital Delivery organization. The Complex Contract Management is team is responsible for post award contract management of large complex gas and electric projects, cost assurance, change order review/reconciliation, contract compliance, contractor performance and more. Apply today!
Responsibilities for the Construction Cost Manager:
- Provide contract expertise, support, guidance and advice to the project delivery teams
- Handle disputes/conflicts relating to construction contracts/contractors
- Review, validate and reconcile/negotiate change orders associated with complex gas and electric construction projects
- Ensure contract compliance through effective contract management activities
- Monitor contractor performance and review with contractors on a regular basis
Requirements for the Construction Cost Manager:
- Bachelor’ s degree, Construction Management, Civil Engineering degree desired
- Construction Management experience
- Experience as field engineer, project engineer and/or cost engineering preferred
- Field construction project experience– understanding of the nature of construction projects
- Construction contract knowledge – ability to interpret and apply contract clauses
- Change Order assessment / valuation – ability to independently assess / verify the cost and schedule
- Attention to detail
- Negotiating skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Utility experience preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.