Compensation: $35+/hr Temp, $70, 000 Perm
A leading healthcare organization in Somerville, MA is seeking a Contract Manager to join their team. This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone with 3-5 years of experience and a focus on contracting with professional services, IT and research vendors. Apply today!
Responsibilities for the Contract Manager:
- Negotiate and manage enterprise-wide agreements with Professional Services, IT and Research vendors ensuring timely, accurate and market-competitive rates
- Handle RFP evaluation, market analyses, contract negotiation and contract execution
- Assess the level of risk of each contract request and mitigate risk through successful negotiations with vendors
- Assist affiliate department managers and staff in managing company's transactional contracting
- Stay current on industry best practices and continuously improve knowledge transfer from corporate end user
- Work closely with members of Finance, IT, legal, HR and Business Owners throughout the contracting and negotiating lifecycle
- Develop and maintain relationships with key vendors; develop strategic alliances within the organization
- Participate as an active member of committees and special projects as assigned by management
- Seek opportunities to consolidate staffing vendors, lower costs and improve operational efficiency
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Business or a related field, or commensurate experience
- 3-5 years of contracting experience
- Experience working in fast paced environment and managing a high volume of work effectively
- Accountable, self-driven and responsible individual who thrives in a team environment
- Detail oriented, organized, and an ability to manage multiple tasks at the same time
- Understanding of intellectual property rights, risk assessment and compliance
- Comprehensive knowledge of supply chain best practices
- Expertise in contract negotiations, cost savings, vendor management, and customer relations
- Experience in dealing with and first-hand knowledge of a variety of professional service, IT and research providers in the healthcare industry.
- Ability to build credibility to drive change with professionals throughout the organization.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite including MSWord and Excel; familiarity with PeopleSoft, Ariba and SharePoint administration a plus
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.