Customer Service Representative
Boston, MA 02111
A top university in Boston, MA is seeking Customer Service Representative to join their team. In this contract role, you will provide effective customer service for all internal and external customers by using excellent, in-depth knowledge of the school’ s services and programs. Apply today!
Responsibilities for the Customer Service Representative:
- Answer inbound telephone calls promptly and in a polite and professional manner
- Direct calls to other departments as needed
- Schedule appointments for patients by obtaining and entering demographic information into the scheduling system
- Execute online requests including updating information, scheduling appointments, troubleshooting problems and providing information
- Maintain awareness of regulatory HIPAA guidelines to remain compliant to relevant policies and procedures
- Follow all communication procedures and guidelines during every customer interaction
- Assist callers by providing correct answers and solutions to questions and inquiries
- Use sound judgment in handling upset patients and understanding when to escalate calls to Manager
- Meet the performance goals established for the position in the areas of call quality, phone efficiency, and attendance.
- Remain up to date on all policies and processes
- Take part in training and other learning opportunities to expand knowledge
- High School diploma or equivalent work experience
- Prior customer service or call center experience
- Proficient computer and typing skills
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Associates degree or related health care experience (preferred)
- Ability to follow established procedures and policies
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practice
- Detailed oriented, ability to multi-task, and highly organized
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as work independently
- Telephone etiquette skills
- Dental background a plus
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.