Customer Service Representative
Marlboro, MA 01760
We are currently looking for an experienced Customer Service Representative to fill an opening with a company located in Marlboro, MA. Interested candidates should have experience in insurance reimbursement, customer service, or the medical device industry, as well as the understanding of the insurance reimbursement workflow and related processes.
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Responsibilities for the Customer Service Representative:
- Answer incoming calls received through the toll free Pre-Authorization Support ACD and provide appropriate call/case handling
- Perform initial benefit verification and pre-surgical authorization for new pre-surgical cases by working closely with all payers
- Document case status, actions, and outcome in the Pre-Authorization Support contact management database utilizing who, what, where, when, how
- Communicate and build relationships with HCP (Healthcare Professionals) offices and sales representatives in regards to all inquiries for the handling of cases, i.e., missing case information, benefits etc.
- Responsible for notifying the appropriate internal departments based on receipt of information that department needs to be aware of including complaint handling/ adverse event notifications
- Utilize customer service skills in engaging with customers, communications with Sales representatives, and working in teams in a call center environment to expedite processing of cases
Requirements for the Customer Service Representative:
- High School diploma or Equivalent
- 1+ years’ experience in Insurance Reimbursement, Customer Service, or Medical device industry
- Must be able to understand the complexities of the Insurance Reimbursement work flow and related processes
- Must have basic understanding of Medicare, Medicaid, Private Payer, and Workers compensation coding, coverage, and payment as it relates to medical procedures, services, and devices
- Must possess strong computer skills and have working knowledge of Microsoft outlook, Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must be able to type minimum of 45 wpm
- Must have exceptional organizational skills and a keen attention to detail, and be multi-task oriented
- Must demonstrate ability to effectively build relationships and communicate with both internal and external customers
- Must be able to accurately document and verbalize issues and have the ability to work with in a team environment and across departments
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship