Data Entry Clerk
Worcester, MA 01605
A health center in Worcester, MA is seeking a Data Entry Clerk to join their team. In this contract role, you will book medical appointments and diagnostic procedures for patients with specialists at local hospitals and practices. Apply today!
Responsibilities for the Data Entry Clerk:
- Book medical appointments and diagnostic procedures for health center patients with specialists at local hospitals and practices
- Review insurance coverage to confirm patient’ s insurance to identify matching referral site
- Document referral in patient medical record
- Communicate appointment information to patients
- Send specialist the patient referral information
- Communicate barriers for appointments to the referring doctors
- Contact insurance companies to obtain insurance prior authorizations
- High school diploma
- Prior customer service experience
- Preferred: familiarity with medical terminology
- Technology savvy with a strong knowledge working with Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.