Data Entry Project Assistant
Boston , MA 02115
A premiere university in Boston, MA is seeking a Data Entry Project Assistant to join their team. In this contract role, you will work on a short-term project including filling out a spreadsheet with information found in physical books. The role will be a combination of data entry and verification. Hours for this position are between 60-70 hours to be done on a full or part-time schedule. Apply today!
Compensation: Up to $19/hr based on experience
Responsibilities for the Data Entry Project Assistant:
- Enter data to computer files or database systems by typing or scanning
- Create large spreadsheets or data tables in spreadsheet, database, word processing, statistical or business software without mistakes
- Verify data entry by checking own work or the work of others by comparing it to source documents
- Update existing sets of data
- Retrieve data from a database or electronic files as requested
- Perform regular backups to ensure entered data is saved
- Organize and file source paperwork after entering data. Photocopy, scan, organize alphabetize and file paper documents
- Fast, accurate keyboarding
- Working knowledge of word processing tools and spreadsheets such as MS Office Word and Excel
- Working knowledge of office equipment, desktop hardware and peripheral devices such as printers and copiers
- Basic understanding of databases and spreadsheets
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.