Derivatives Trading Specialist
Boston, MA 02116
A top financial services company in Boston, MA is seeking a Derivatives Trading Specialist to join their team. In this contract-to-hire role, you will execute a best-practices in onboarding and broker relationship management in support of the organization’ s exchange-traded, over-the-counter and centrally-cleared derivative requirements. If you have a combination of derivatives industry experience, onboarding experience, relationship management skills, and practical business insight, apply today!
Responsibilities for the Derivatives Trading Specialist:
- Receive and assess derivatives trading requests from Relationship Management, Product Management and Portfolio Managers
- Facilitate the derivatives trading approval process and ensure that there is a governance structure around the onboarding of new accounts trading derivatives
- Maintain status dashboards of derivatives approval and onboarding requests
- Coordinate the derivatives trading related onboarding functions for new accounts and new brokers
- Coordinate derivatives trading operational readiness within the Global Derivatives Services team
- Coordinate with Legal Services to ensure that proper legal agreements are put in place to support derivatives trading
- Ensure that all account, broker onboarding and legal documentation is maintained
- Maintain an accurate and complete matrix of accounts, authorized derivative products, derivatives legal agreements and active brokers
- Contribute to the successful management of external broker relationships
- Work with the Derivatives Solutions team to support the setup of technology to facilitate trading of new derivative product types
- Contribute to the harmonization of the derivatives onboarding process with the Asia Derivatives Services team in Hong Kong
- Evaluate, identify and recommend practices and controls that will increase process efficiency and mitigate financial and operational risks
- Relevant undergraduate education or advanced degree - Business Administration, Finance, Economics, etc. required
- Minimum 3 years of relevant industry experience with at least 1 years of hands-on experience in derivative products
- Familiarity with derivative instruments including repos, TBAs, futures, listed and OTC options, FX, Swaptions, OTC swaps and centrally cleared swaps
- Familiarity with derivatives trading and collateral agreements such as Clearing Agreements, Give-Ups, ISDA/CSAs, GMRAs and MSFTAs
- Familiarity with MS Office suite
- Solid organizational skills and a high degree of professionalism combined with the ability to readily adapt to rapidly changing environments and deal with competing priorities
- Team player with demonstrated experience building and maintaining good working relationships both internally and externally
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to think through problems, assess a variety of factors and recommend solutions
- Insurance Company and Asset Manager industry experience an asset
- Familiarity with various fund structures: mutual funds, pooled funds, private funds, UCITS, institutional accounts and life insurance general account
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.