Development Associate - Part Time
Cambridge, MA 02138
A top hospital in Cambridge, MA I seeking a Development Associate to join their team part-time. In this contract role, you will participate in a wide variety of activities that are critical to the hospital's philanthropy program including daily gift processing and administrative functions, database management, donor stewardship, as well as special activities like meetings and events. This is a great opportunity to be part of a small, collegial team of fundraising professionals in a healthcare environment, and gain experience in many different facets of fundraising. Apply today!
Responsibilities for the Development Associate:
- Serve as first point of contact for visitors and calls to the department with strong customer service orientation
- Enter gifts on a daily basis into the department's donor database, ensuring they are credited and coded properly
- Identify gifts that require special handling, including tribute gifts and gifts for special purposes and produce gift receipts and acknowledgement letters for signature by the appropriate hospital representative
- Manage the donor database and updates donor/prospect information, ensuring that is it current and accurate
- Manage special programs like Marathon runners, online giving, as well as the notification process for memorial gifts
- Assist the Vice President for Development with special tasks related to the Board of Trustees, Nominating Committee, Philanthropy/Campaign Committee
- Assist in prospect research utilizing wealth screening services and other techniques
- Produce special reports and queries for Development prospect and event tracking
- Provide support for Development events
- Assist with the design of event invitations, mailing of invitations and recording responses
- Bachelor’ s degree preferred
- Experience using Raisers Edge or a similar donor database
- Previous work experience in an office environment
- Technology savvy with a strong knowledge working with Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.