Director of Financial Reporting - Up to $90/hr
Boston, MA 02115
Our client in Boston, MA is looking for a Director of Financial Reporting to join their team. In this contract-to-hire role, you will oversee the financial reporting operations and direct the analytical framework to support the monthly, quarterly, and year-end closes. If you have a Bachelors degree in Accounting or related field and at least eight years of related experience, apply today!
Compensation: up to $90/hr
Responsibilities for the Director of Financial Reporting:
- Oversee the Financial Reporting Operations, including evaluation and audits of operational improvements to the hospital monthly, quarterly, and year-end close processes
- Direct the analytical framework/infrastructure supporting the monthly, quarterly and year-end closes; ensuring accounting and reporting consistency across units
- Set strategic direction for reporting enhancements to internal and external financial statement reporting
- Evaluate use of technology to enhance operational efficiency and effectiveness
- Collaborate with the Finance Business IT Department to create a multi-year roadmap that addresses current technology gaps and optimization needs, including, but not limited to, improving the close and reducing the time to close
- Establish and maintain technical accounting policies to ensure compliance with GAAP and regulatory environment
- Oversee the pension plan audits and ensuring they will be on time and within budget.
- Provide leadership, recognition, coaching and delegating to staff of 8 in the Financial Reporting department
Requirements for the Director of Financial Reporting:
- Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration or a related field. Master’ s degree preferred
- At least eight years of related experience, with progressive management experience required
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred
- Technology savvy with a strong knowledge working with Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.