Document Imaging Reviewer
Somerville, MA 02143
Our client in Somerville, MA is seeking a Document Imaging Specialist to join their team. In this contract role, you will be responsible for scanning clinical documentation at the point of care on a daily basis to ensure availability in the electronic health record. Apply today!
Responsibilities for the Document Imaging Specialist:
- Process, prepare, sort, scan, index and perform quality review of medical record documents to be scanned into clinical systems
- Analyze the patient health record to identify misfiled documents, make certain all documentation scanned belongs in the appropriate medical record
- Prepare batches of documents including attaching document type and patient labels for scanning into the electronic document management system
- Scan documents and monitor the scanning process for misfed documents, address problems in a timely manner
- Index scanned documents in each batch within various scan queues with the ability to distinguish the different document type levels for scanning
- Perform Media Manager/Enter-Edit Result scans on one-off documents that require specific data elements or if documents fall outside of the HIM scanning application functionality/turn-around times
- Conduct daily quality reviews of scanned documents, verify the proper filing in the patient health record
- Identify via the QA process all issues requiring rescan of documentation while bringing areas of concern to the attention of the, Team Leader, Supervisor, or Manager as necessary
- Scan clinical documentation at the point of care on a daily basis to ensure availability in the electronic health record according to established scanning procedures
- Attend required trainings to keep up to date with the latest information systems and imaging functionality
- Deliver and retrieve medical records to/from designated locations within the hospital to facilitate timely scanning of the paper documents into the legal health record, if needed
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Strong computer skills required, knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Previous work in a healthcare area
- 1-2 years computer experience preferred
- Digital/electronic document imaging experience preferred
- Knowledge of medical terminology by successful completion of an approved terminology course or equivalent
- Read and comprehend the medical record
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Established as a positive team player, able to work independently and in a group/team setting
- Perform repetitive tasks for extended periods of time while maintaining a high level of concentration
- Possess the ability to perform work under stressful conditions and manage multiple priorities
- Manage multiples tasks and projects simultaneously
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are necessary
- Excellent critical thinking skills, systems thinking and problem solving skills
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.