Entry Level Trade Operations Specialist - $18/hr
Boston, MA 02109
An award winning financial firm in Boston’ s Financial District is seeking an entry level Trade Operations Specialist to join their team. In this contract-to-hire role, you will be responsible for specialized functions within Trade Processing, including the processing and settling of security trades settling at DTC. This would include activities such trade settlement, SPO processing, Client communication, and reconciliation. Apply today!
Compensation: $18/hr temp, up to $50K perm
Responsibilities for the Trade Operations Specialist:
- Process all deliver and receive orders settling with other brokers/ banks – all equities, corporate fixed income, and commercial paper trades clearing through DTC (Depository Trust Company) for custody accounts
- Verify the trade information vs. broker presentation received from the client via the Sonic system
- Manage daily volume
- Review and resolve discrepancies in order information received (for example DTC reclaims)
- Escalate high value problem trades to management
- Communicate professionally and constructively via email, phone, etc. with internal and external clients and counterparties to effectively resolve issues in order to minimize risk and exposure
- Provide superior client service
- Contribute to Management Reporting - this may include providing statistics on work volumes
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience
- Ability to identify, escalate and resolve a problem
- Ability to communicate professionally through effective verbal and written skills
- Ability to manage time efficiently and effectively
- Organizational skills and detail-oriented
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Technology savvy with a strong knowledge working with Microsoft Office
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.