Boston, MA 02115
Our prominent higher education client in Boston, MA is looking for an event coordinator to join their team. In this contract role, you will serve as the principal administrative contact for implementing the annual program of events, conferences, and symposiums. If you have two to three years of related experience, apply today!
Responsibilities for the Event Coordinator:
- Advise on event planning
- Create timelines for decisions and relay deliverables to responsible staff
- Organize events to ensure planning develops smoothly from conception to execution
- Manage post event follow-through
- Negotiate with hotels, caterers and vendors, for events, and order food and activities for participants
- Working with the Financial Director to arrange for registration setup, deposit, and spending
- Manage a pre-assigned event/function budget
Requirements for the Event Coordinator:
- Two to three years of related experience
- Technology savvy with a strong knowledge working with Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.