Boston, MA 02115
A top healthcare organization in Boston, MA is seeking an Executive Assistant to join their team. In this contract role, you will report to the Senior Vice President, Strategic Communications and Chief Communications Officer and support the Vice President of Marketing and the Directors of Content & Creative Services and Digital & Media teams.
This is an exciting opportunity to support a creative and dynamic team whose work is felt across the hospital and the outside world. This position requires excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills and attention to detail. Apply today!
Responsibilities for the Executive Assistant:
- Manage executive schedules, including the planning and timely notification of meetings and appointments using independent judgment in setting priorities and proposing alternatives to meetings; meeting preparation
- Maintain four, high volume calendars
- Collaborate with other senior staff, EAs, and individuals outside of the organization to ensure sound calendar management, adequate balance of meeting time, work time and general availability
- Ensure adequate travel time in schedules
- Identify calendar conflicts and works to resolve such issues
- Support and set up individual, small group, and committee/working group/task force meetings
- Ensure meeting participants have accurate meeting logistics (location, directions, etc.)
- Arrange for conference room, catering, and technical support
- Ensure efficient and effective day-to-day functioning of activities within the Office
- Provide sound financial management when coordinating the Office’ s budget and financial transactions, particularly those related to outside vendors and freelance employees
- Own/manage/execute projects on behalf of the Office
- Provide customer friendly support to answer questions and resolve issues in accordance with appropriate policies and procedures
- Provide administrative support to the Office of Strategic Communications; act as payroll timekeeper for the unit
- Handle confidential matters with the utmost discretion
- Associate degree or related experience, Bachelor’ s degree preferred
- 5-7 years’ experience involving complex calendar management and the support of senior management in a large, complex, matrix organization
- Experience supporting multiple senior executives preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and other MS Office software
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.