Our client in Cambridge, MA is seeking an experience Executive Assistant to join their team. In this contract role, you will be responsible for processing the high volume of requests for the Executive Director’ s (ED) time and attention, and for managing a calendar that accurately reflects the ED’ s priorities. If you have six-plus years of relevant experience, apply today!
Responsibilities for the Executive Assistant:
- Perform complex administrative duties under minimal supervision at the highest proficiency level in a work environment with competing priorities
- Manage ED’ s complex calendar in alignment with his priorities, which include an active clinical schedule, outside commitments, public engagements, and company internal meetings
- Coordinate meeting and event-related logistics including greeting guests professionally and promptly, room reservations and dial-in information, complete and submit disclosures, bios, photos, meeting confirmation, prep calls, and preparing agendas and ect.
- Address last minute conflicts or changes adeptly
- Review and process incoming correspondence, compile weekly requests for review and submission to ED
- Respond to all correspondences with appropriate level of detail and messaging as guided by the Chief of Staff
- Plan travel arrangements (both domestic and international)
- Arrange complex itineraries, including travel, lodging, and meeting logistics for ED, in coordination with outside points of contact where relevant
- Serve as the administrative point of contact between the ED and internal/external contacts
- Maintain effective and collaborative working relationships with administration, medical staff, research departments, and other contacts as needed to carry out goals/projects of the ED
- Manage expense reporting for ED and Chief of Staff, academic and clinical memberships, and reimbursements for business related activities
- Maintain documentation and system of record for all documents, contracts, letters, and email
- Provide administrative and technical staff support to the OED
- Support the team with IT-related questions including excel, basic models, and computer issues
- Support the team with on-site meetings and special events, managing correspondence, preparing agendas, taking minutes, and other administrative tasks as requested
- Format and edit slides, documents, and other materials
- Exercise sound judgment in response to inquiries and seek assistance or resolve issues when appropriate
- Maintain effective and collaborative working relationships with administration, medical staff, and research departments necessary to carry out the goals and projects of the ED
- Assist with the maintenance and tracking of ED’ s online presence and CV, including tracking and updating bios
- Represent the company professionally with staff, guests, callers, and external visitors
- Anticipate and resolve problems, updating supervisor
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as required; provide cross coverage
Requirements for the Executive Assistant:
- BA/BS strongly preferred
- 6 or more years of relevant experience
- Experience working in a matrix organization/environment preferred
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Drive; Experience with Slack preferred
- Proficiency with personal computers, spreadsheet, graphic, and database programs
- Ability to set-up video and audio conference calls and virtual meetings
- Project management skills
- Ability to self-direct work and resolve complex situations tactfully and quickly
- Ability to work independently and utilizes strong interpersonal skills to problem-solve complex issues
- Ability to develop timelines and meet competing deadlines on time and with deliverables of the highest caliber
- Positive, flexible, professional, and a can-do attitude
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.