Fellowship Program Assistant
Cambridge, MA 02138
A prestigious institution in Cambridge, MA is seeking a Fellowship Program Assistant to join their team. In this contract role, reporting to the Administrator of Fellowships, you will perform a range of administrative duties that support the application and selection process of the Fellowship Program. This position also provides program and administrative support to the Fellowship Program and regularly covers the front desk. Apply today!
Responsibilities for the Fellowship Program Assistant:
- Support the Fellowship Program application and selection process
- Respond to inquiries regarding the Fellowship Program
- Process applications, ensure applications are complete, and track and request missing information
- Troubleshoot any issues applicants, references, or selections participants encounter accessing the online portal, escalating when necessary
- Compile and send review materials— via email and FedEx— to application readers and final selection committee members
- Coordinate the delivery of information/files with other internal departments
- Assist in coordinating selection committee meetings and overseeing catering and AV needs
- Coordinate outreach efforts in assigned areas of the Fellowship Program including advertising on external sites and managing website updates in collaboration with other colleagues
- Maintain the fellowship applicant database
- Support department programming by assisting department managers with all logistical aspects of program delivery
- Track payments to vendors, conducts inventory, and orders supplies as needed
- Serve as the initial point-of-contact for visitors at the Fellowship Program front desk for several hours a week
- Bachelor’ s degree or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Three years related administrative experience
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered toward experience
- Administrative experience in higher education administration and in an environment involving direct contact with faculty members is preferred
Technology savvy with a strong knowledge working with Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.