Finance Assistant - $20/hr
Cambridge, MA 02138
Our client in Cambridge, MA is seeking a Finance Assistant to join their team. In this contract role, you will support Finance Coordinators with data entry, record management, A/P invoice processing, faculty compensation payroll, and more. If you have three-plus years of experience, apply today!
Responsibilities for the Finance Assistant:
- Process checks and purchase orders, update registration databases
- Follow-up on outstanding accounts receivable via email and phone calls
- Submit new vendor requests, prepare and process invoices
- Collect and match receipts for weekly review
- Assist Enrollment Coordinators by cleaning records and inputting group names in registration databases
- Post payments and update records in the database
- Ensure all highly confidential information has been appropriately blacked out on finance documents
- Create folders and labels for next-fiscal programs, vendors, and banking files based on previous year’ s naming convention
- File documents as needed to assist Finance Coordinators and Senior Finance Officer
- Assist with organizing and tracking signed documentation, along with updating the Faculty Database and Certain Complete first draft of faculty reconciliation, matching the detail listing of faculty payments to the faculty database
- Enter facilitator and instructional staff information into the faculty database
- Process refunds when applicable
- Create custom invoices when applicable and give to appropriate staff for approval
- Update addresses and e-mails in Faculty database as returned on forms
- Process travel reimbursements
- Make photocopies, package, deliver, and file
- Send requests for missing and expected reimbursements
- Database maintenance and reconciliation
- Track Faculty compensation packets
- Create honorarium invoices
- Support Finance Manager and Director of Finance with critical month-end, quarter-end and/or year-end accounting closings and budget reporting tasks
Requirements for the Finance Assistant:
- Associates degree in accounting or 3 to 5 years of experience required
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with spreadsheet software
- Technology savvy with a strong knowledge working with Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.