Boston, MA 02205
A leading university in Boston, MA is seeking a Financial Analyst to join their team. In this contract role, you will independently facilitate diverse financial analysis including financial planning, budget analysis and monthly reporting. The Financial Analyst will report to the Director of Finance. This position pays up to $34/hr-$38/hr. Apply today!
Responsibilities for the Financial Analyst:
- Perform and facilitate financial analysis for School on large variety of issues
- Provide analytical and quantitative analysis to support decisions related to the preparation of the annual budget, mid-year forecasts, and multi-year financial plans
- Build and maintain models related to revenue, budgeting and forecasting
- Develop and prepare reporting for use in financial planning
- Function as subject matter expert and/or project lead on School financial policies and reporting
- Advise department/school on financial questions in support of financial processes using analytical and quantitative analysis
- Implement and monitor internal controls over financial reporting. Perform complex interim and year end reporting
- Manage all employee, student and temporary payroll to ensure timely and accurate payment
- Responsible for time and labor reporting and customized payroll reports as needed
- Ensure financial compliance with University policies and procedures, and identify and communicate possible areas of risk
- Implement and monitor internal controls over financial reporting, and identify potential areas for efficiency or improvement within existing processes
- 5+ years’ experience
- Strong financial skills and understanding of financial tools and analysis preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint preferred
- Experience using financial systems preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Deliver quality output in a fast-paced and fluid environment while taking accountability for own work preferred
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.