Cambridge, MA 02138
A prestigious institution in Cambridge, MA is seeking a Financial Analyst to join their team on a contract basis. You will report to the Associate Director of Finance Operations and perform a variety of financial analyses that identify trends and recommendations to help inform decision making. This position pays up to $30-$35/hr - apply today!
Responsibilities for the Financial Analyst:
- Assist with the annual or project budgeting
- Assist with multiyear forecasts
- Produce financial reports, including, annual, monthly, quarterly, and ad hoc
- Act as a resource on transactional inquires and financial or budgetary questions that require problem solving and analytic capability
- Ensure financial is compliant with institution’ s policies and procedures and is applicable to legal rules and regulations
- Assist in financial management of the funding portfolio
- Perform complex accounting transactions
- Reconcile complex accounts, identify variances, submit sub ledger feeds and verify accuracy of entries into the general ledger
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or equivalent work experience
- Strong preference to experienced candidates with knowledge of accounting systems
- Advanced level Microsoft Word, Excel, database and technical skills
- Excellent organization and communication skills required
- Bachelor’ s degree or 3 years relevant work experience
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, intermediate or better Excel skills
- Working knowledge of budget management, financial analysis, financial modeling and basic accounting principles
- Demonstrated experience with enterprise level financial systems and data query tools
- Technology savvy with a strong knowledge working with Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.