Financial Assistant - $25/hr
Cambridge, MA 02138
A top institution in Cambridge, MA is seeking a Financial Assistant to join their team. In this contract role, you will report to the Associate Director of Financial Operations while performing multiple diverse and complex accounting and financial administrative duties. Working as part of a team, you will manage segments of financial administration, provide budget support and serve as the finance department’ s primary informational resource on policies and procedures relating to processing financial transactions. Apply today!
Responsibilities for the Financial Assistant:
- Process and review employee reimbursements, corporate card payments, and vendor payments to ensure that submissions comply with university policies and procedures
- Process and monitor financial transactions for assigned departments, including invoice processing, P-Card review and corporate card payments
- Reconcile credit vouchers and capital projects monthly
- Administer the credit card merchant program for the Institute
- as an informational resource on financial policies and procedures pertaining to travel, reimbursement, vendor set-up, accounts payable, and provide training as needed
- Provide support in reporting, budgeting, and analysis for assigned departments
- Support assigned departments throughout the year by monitoring spending, investigating unusual transactions, preparing journals to correct errors, and ensuring spending and funding sources are appropriate compared to budget
- Perform data entry of temporary weekly payroll
- Maintain archives of finance records and disposes of files in accordance with retention policies in consultation with other Finance staff as necessary
- Maintain and order office supplies; maintain and organize vendor files
- Associate degree with three to five years of related experience; bachelor’ s degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
- Accounting or business training preferred
- Strong Microsoft Word and Excel skills, as well as ability to learn new computer applications
- Knowledge of Oracle Financial Systems, Microsoft Office, PeopleSoft
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.